A business plan is a written document that describes in detail how a business, usually a startup, will achieve its objectives.
It provides a clear strategy for the business’s future operations, growth, and financial performance.
- Executive Summary: An overview of the business concept, goals, and key components of the plan.
- Business Description: Detailed information about the company, its mission, and its product or service.
- Market Analysis: Research about your target market, its size, trends, and potential growth.
- Organization & Management Structure: Describes the company’s organizational structure and the backgrounds of its management team.
- Product Line or Service: A clear outline of your product or service, its life cycle, and any intellectual property rights.
- Sales & Marketing Strategy: How you plan to reach your target audience and convert them into paying customers.
- Funding Request: If seeking external funding, provide a detailed account of how much funding is needed, how it will be used, and the preferred funding type.
- Financial Projections: Provide a forecast of your business’s financial performance over the next 3-5 years.
- Appendix: Optional, but can include resumes, permits, leases, and other pertinent information.
Download a template here: